Cleansing the Palate

My last blog has left me feeling liberated. In accepting that I was angry about these things, I have found a certain amount of peace. I am letting go of all that anger I bottled up for so many years. I am moving on. It feels good to acknowledge that. Not only am I on a quest to lose weight physically, but I have a good deal of emotional weight to throw off the wagon too. It's amazing how simple it is to let go of things when you just write them down. They aren't so traumatic and hurtful when you see them in little black letters. They're just words.

I found this poem on letting go that I though was pretty appropriate:

Letting Go
Author Unknown

To let go doesn't mean to stop caring;
It means I can't do it for someone else.
To let go is not to cut myself off...
It's the realization that I can't control another...
To let go is not to enable,
but to allow learning from natural consequences.
To let go is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To let go is not to try and change or blame another,
I can only change myself.
To let go is not to care for,
but to care about.
To let go is not to fix,
but to be supportive.
To let go is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being.
To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their own outcomes.
To let go is not to be protective,
It is to permit another to face reality.
To let go is not to deny,
but to accept.
To let go is not to nag, scold, or argue,
but to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes and cherish the moment.
To let go is not to criticize and regulate anyone,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.
To let go is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.
To let go is to fear less and love more.

Holding on to everything is keeping me from succeeding. It holds me at my status quo. I want to soar above that, so I am cutting the strings on my fears and anxietys from my past and going forward into my future without all the extra weight to hold me down (figuratively and hopefully literally one of these days ;)

I wouldn't normally post two blogs in one day, but I needed to cut the acridness of my last post with the sweetness of my future--one that is a bit more focused on "So where do I go from here" instead of one which was paved in self-pity.

This has been a good step for me. I am ready for a good workout this afternoon to sweat the rest of my troubles away.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Noles said...

You are wonderful and I love you so much!

Mesha said...

way to go girl! :) loving it. feels good to release and feels even better to see the light at the end of the tunnel. ((hugs))

yea, so the casting call for BL will actually be here on the 18th and "Yes ma'am," i am going. Thing is i'm going with a new perspective which still rocks. I CAN do this with or without the show and I will. I actually feel better about going now than before. only dilemma is it's the same day as one of my BF's wedding shower. *sigh* i figure if all else fails, at least i might be able to meet some people locally and we can form a support group for one another. networking so to speak. We can even schedule outtings if we see fit. :)

I've enjoyed talking to you today, thanks again for finding me on FB.

Mesha said...

oh yea...don't be surprised if i totally do a blog soon using that analogy from the Dr. Phil book on the elephants because I had kinda forgotten about that one. :) stay motivated and motivate the people around you. God Bless!

OH YEA...and about blogging, so i totally think it's therapeutic and i'm with you on it being amazing how much it helps to simply write stuff out sometimes. I made a post about that too called "Psychologist" check it out here:

http://rebornwright.blogspot.com/2009/06/psychologist.html